Langano, Arba Minch & Wondo Genet
- Are you married recently?
- Are you planning to conduct your marriage in Ethiopian wedding style?
- Do you get a kind of “weekend fever” when you cannot stand the city anymore and you desperately long for a quiet and green place? Or
- Are you looking to experience the Ethiopian traditional wedding ceremonies?
- Put in charge of Action Tours to organize & colorize your once in life time enjoyable wedding anywhere in Ethiopia.Bahir Dar, Lake Tana & the Blue Nile waterfalls: Bahir Dar means in Amharic: sea shore is a city established just at the shore of Lake Tana – in north western Ethiopia, and the capital of the Amhara Region. Lake Tana, the largest lake in Ethiopia is the source of the Blue Nile from where it starts its long journey to Khartoum, Egypt and then to the Mediterranean Sea. Lake Tana and the River Blue Nile have an extraordinary history especially in relation to Ethiopia, Egypt & the Ark of the Covenant of Israel. It is believed even by some known scholars that The Ark of the Covenant of Israel had been rested in the Tana Cherkos Monastery on the lake. During 19 – 20 Centuries; the Ethiopian kings safely hid their treasures in churches on the lake’s islands. To reveal the fact what has been practiced on Lake Tana; precious crowns & ropes of Ethiopian kings are displayed today in a small museum near in Ura Kidane Mehret. The Blue Nile waterfall was originally 400m wide and 40m deep.The Rift Valley Lakes of Ethiopia offer fascinating sites for newly-married couples or to relax during the weekends. The Rift Valley Landscapes, wildlife, forest, swimming, trekking in the forest across lakes, as well as the people are best destinations for honeymooners to pass their precious time after the wedding.Wedding in Ethiopia, pas your honey money in Langano, Lake Tana, Blue Nile Waterfalls, Arba Minch, Lake Chamo, and Menagesha Forest….Langano : pas your honeymoon in Langano, Lake Tana, Blue Nile Waterfalls, Arba Minch, Lake Chamo, and Menagesha Forest….ItineraryProgram: Langano, Arba Minch & Wondo GenetTour Code: Vacation 01
Duration: 7 nights (8 days)
Tour starts: Addis Ababa
Tour ends: Addis Ababa
Day1: Arrive Addis Ababa
Arrive at Addis Ababa Bole International Air Port and meet there with us and transfer to your hotel. Overnight – at chosen hotel – Addis Ababa
Day2: Lake Langano
Lake Langano – is a fresh breath taking atmosphere. The lake with its beautiful white sand beach is bilharzias and crocodile free. After check – in at your hotel; start swimming, trekking along the shores, & bird watching in the forests along the shores.
After breakfast; drive from Addis to Langano (212km best asphalt road). Check- in at your hotel and enjoy swimming or other activities at Lake Langano. Afternoon; discover the rift valley lakes of Abijata & Shalla, the Ostrich Farm, aquatic birds like the Pink Flamingos, Dukes, Gosse, and many others. Overnight – at chosen lodge– Langano
Day3: Lake Langano
Lake Langano & its surroundings truly deserve one more night for a relaxed honeymooners’ trip. Overnight – at chosen lodge – Langano
Day4: Dorze Ethnics (Chencha Hill Top)
After breakfast; drive from Langano to Arba Minch (293km Asphalt Road). On the way; visit the hill top of Chencha for Dorze ethnics (roughly40km from the main road to Arba Minch). Dorze ethnics have their own skill of weaving cotton clothes & of their traditional bee-hive shaped houses – organized from bamboo tree. Attend the Dorze Market if this day falls on Saturday and proceed to Arba Minch. Overnight – at chosen hotel/lodge– Arba Minch
Day5: Nechisar National Park & Lake Chamo
Nechisar National Park (also spelled as Nechisar) in Amharic language stands for “White Grass” was established in 1974. It is located to the east of Arba Minch, and is 514 square kilometers. The elevation of the park ranges 1108 up to 1650 meters above sea level. The park was primarily established to protect the endemic Swayne’s Hartebeest. A mountainous place in the park is called Egzer Dilday (Bridge of God) for it divides two lakes called Abaya and Chamo. Even though Egzer Dilday offers a spectacular view across Lake Chamo; the best site for game view is the open Nechisar Plain. At the open plain; herds of Berchule’s Zebra, Grant’s gazelle, and Swayne’s Hartebeest & Baboons are being seen. Dik – dik and greater Kudu, bushbuck, bush pig, Columbus monkeys (Gureza), velvet monkeys, black-backed jackal are also sheltering the park around Ezger Dilday. Nechisar is a home of many (about342 birds) bird species and butterflies.
After breakfast; drive to Nechisar National Park for bird watching, game viewing and landscapes. Afternoon; boat trip on Lake Chamo. This Lake is known for its enormous population of Crocodiles and Hippopotamus. In the town of Arba Minch; visit the crocodile breeding site. Overnight – at chosen hotel/lodge) – Arba Minch
Day6: Wondo Genet natural hot spring
The Wondo Genet meaning “Wondo Paradise” named by Emperor Haile SellassieI was established in 1964 and used as recreation site for the royal family until 1974. The beautiful panorama with a rich endowment of forests, wildlife, abundant natural hot water for bathing, streams, & swimming made Wondo Genet a tourist attraction. After breakfast; drive from Arba Minch to Wondo Genet resort to enjoy the Spa from the natural hot spring and swimming in a pool filled with natural hot spring water. Overnight – at chosen hotel – Wondo Genet
Day7: Wondo Genet – Addis
After breakfast; drive to Addis Ababa (280km). On the way; visit Lake Ziway. Lunch at Dreamland Hotel (Debre Zeith) and proceed to Addis. In the evening; enjoy at one of the finest hotels in Addis Ababa. Overnight – at chosen hotel – Addis Ababa
On this day; if your departure falls in the evening, you can visit the best sites of Addis Ababa and then transfer to Addis Ababa Bole International Air Port for your next destination (end of the trip).
Notice: This itinerary can be amended up on request